Monday, March 05, 2007

Parent Teacher Conferences day...


thats today...and here I sit in my office, parentless. And the worst part about it is I had to say goodbye to my Sarie earlier.

Anyway, I only have one class and they are seniors. I.E. not many of them show up and the ones who do are not the ones that need to be worried about their children. So, I spend a day of "She's great, always insightful and polite, good grades, pleasant smile, she's a delight to have in my class. Ok nice to meet you too. Byebye!"

It's not fake, I would never say anything I didnt mean. What I want to say really is can you go find this kids parents and drag them in cause WE have some stuff to talk about. But alas, you can't make em care. Which is why their kids don't I guess.

There are some things brewing in hubby and I's life right now. Good things, I think...big changes..maybe..can't elaborate. Please say prayers and I shall keep you updated when I can.

Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    You're such an idealist. It's too bad more of the parents don't care. Everyone is so busy working now. There's no time for PTA or PTO conferences any more. I'll keep you and hubby in my prayers and hope that whatever is brewing or percolating exceeds your expectations. You guys deserve it (or at least Duston does!). :-)

    BTW, have you cut your hair since moving to Colorado? That recent photo of you on the last blog looks like there is less hair than I remembered. You look good. I was just wondering if it was a new length for you?

    P.S. Stopped by the Shrine on Saturday for the first time in a long while. It was good to see a lot of familiar faces again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize thats not me in that picture dont you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But she DID get a fabulous haircut.

    I miss you guys already again. sigh.

    ReplyDelete