Saturday, December 09, 2006

Work and Rest



I just slept until 8:30...are you kidding me? I forgot what that felt like. Wondeful. Although, I've been having a soar throat for a couple days and I just sneezed up something that I suspect to be illegal in atleast one country. I guess I'm sick. Oh well. I have a free day!Mostly. Save for the laundry that needs to be done and the hockey game I'm supposed to monitor tonight, not a care in the world!
It sounds like I'm complainig but I'm really not. I really like my job and I think next semester will be even better when i get to teach.
There is however, this ongoing struggle in me about time. I have a fear that I'm losing it, that there's not enough and when I HAVE to do things there is a whisper of aggrivation. "Life's to short" and all that ya know.

"The Christian finds in human work a small part of the Cross of Christ and accepts it in the same spirit of redemption in which Christ accepted his Cross for us. In work, thanks to the light that penetrates us from the Resurrection of Christ, we always find a glimmer of new life, of the new good, as if it were an announcement of "the new heavens and the new earth"88 in which man and the world participate precisely through the toil that goes with work" JPII Laborem Exercens

Ok, so I see the meaning and the "new life" and when it comes down to it I have to be thankful that I have the ability to work, and now the opportunity to work. But alas, I'm human and i forget the very blessings that give me the voice to curse them. Just two small months ago I was pleading with God for meaningful work and now i have it and I enjoy it. Silly me.

But right now I have a day off and I'm going to enjoy it....

1 comment: