Monday, December 18, 2006

It's all about "meme"


Ok so (just like everyone else) I never do these things. But alas, it is (almost) the Christmas season and I'm in the mood to spread a little joy and share a little bit of myself. So, enjoy or ignore, as you will.

(Props to my friend Penni at 'Martha Martha' for sharing her answers and bringing a smile to my face)


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? first of all, I don't drink egg in any form and if you can tell me what a nog is, we'll talk. so basically what I'm saying is hot chocolate WITH marshmellows (the little kind)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He always wrapped them at my house in wrapping paper that looked suspiciously like moms.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White all the way. Hey, I'm from Louisiana, it's the only way we can have a white christmas.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I'm a newly wed, who needs mistletoe :)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My cousin's rotel, ground meat and cheese dip. Yummmy.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Waking up at the crack of dawn and trying for the next hour to get my big brothers to wake up so we could open gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I woke up in the middle of the night (because what kid is really sleeping sound on christmas eve anyway) and saw "santa's little helpers sneaking out to the living room and eating cookies on the way.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, with extended family.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? our tree is 10 inches tall, no ornaments this year.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? hate it mostly (being as I never saw it growing up) but love it when it gets me out of work.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Faith like a child.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Um...not sure.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My whole family, cousins and all, going to Christmas Eve Mass together and then gathering at my parent's house for food and presents and lots of laughter.

17. What tops your tree? nothing but usually an angel.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Interesting question.... My answer would be too long but JPIIers..you get me.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? What Child is This.

20. Candy canes: I don't like pepermint flavor very much but I have nothing against the shape :)

21. Favorite Christmas movie? I agree Penni, It's a wonderful life, hands down. Although Charlie Brown Christmas is a close second. Linus' speech gets me everytime.


Ok somebody else do it!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE linus' speech!!

    "lights, please?"

    you are precious. get some ornaments, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linus is the best! And yes, I get you on the giving/receiving question :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, that's why when I did the quiz "What Christmas Movie is your Christmas Like" and got the result, your Christmas is like a Charlie Brown Christmas, I was thrilled!
    Other than "The Little Drummer Boy" it's the only popular children's Christmas movie that even mentions Christ.

    ReplyDelete