Thursday, January 04, 2007

a snowballs chance in hell...




Did I forget to mention that it has been snowing a little here in Denver? Uh...I'm pretty much over it. it's pretty for about a day and then the fact that there is 6 inches of snow (er..ice) on the roads and drifts of 2 feet everywhere else, gets a little tedious. I'm just not made for this stuff. Snow keeps getting in my Crocks and nomatter how cold it is, I just can't wear that many layers. Ugh.

Ok...*stepping off soapbox*

Otherwise the holidays have been ok. Only ok because we left Denver in a hurry to miss the first storm (which we still caught a good piece of) only to get back home to days and days of rain. Family stressed over what nights we slept where, toys lined my mothers floors for days and all in all without my grandfather there, it just didn't feel like Christmas. My cute, snotty nosed nephews got both hubby and I sick jusst in time for us to leave in a hurry again to miss the second storm. A day early was smart but the car was smarter than us. Just far enough from home to turn around in the middle of the night and the middle of nowhere Texas we got a blowout and spent $100 to sleep for 4 hours in a hotel while we waited for the Super WalMart to open. The next night we did in fact get caught in the storm and made it home about an hour before the interstate closed for the next 3 days. Since then Hubby has been fighting what we think was the flu and we've watched so many movies that I've taken to being a critic.

Man it'll be good to go back to work :)

3 comments:

  1. tell me what you've watched and your thoughts...seriously. i love movies, like you wouldn't believe. but the ones i don't care for i don't sit through,i just turn them off.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    it's been in the 60s the past couple of days in D.C. and tomorrow is expected to be around 70! :-) Try to keep warm with the knowledge that the motu proprio is expected any day now too. :-)
    By the way, it is "Crocs", not Crocks. I have never tried the shoe, but hate the way it looks. It's a piece of bright-colored plastic for pete's sake! Oh, I forgot to congratulate you last time on both the wedding and the graduation. A lot happened in 2006! I forgot my Google account password after only creating it 48 hours ago!

    --Lee (anonymous)

    ReplyDelete