Sunday, May 20, 2007

Random...

In approximately 8 hours Hubby and I will be on a plane destined for Gulf Shores, Al for the retreat/training for our new jobs. Today I said goodbye to my kiddos in their graduation, tomorrow I meet my new kiddos. As is life. God Gives. God takes. God's name be praised.

Did I mention I hate to fly? I do, I loathe it, but the flight is short and hubby will be with me so I guess that makes it all better. Although, I just know he'll sleep the whole time and I"ll be wide eyed and freaked out. Oh well.

While we are home we'll be looking at houses. I've made a spread sheet of all the houses we've been looking at online so that we can make notes and see all the stats side by side as we visit. It's kind of exciting, our first home.

I'm reading "Hannah Coulter" by Mr. Wendell Berry right now. It's pretty excellent and I'm almost done and I'm going to be sad when I am. Luckily he's got more fiction that I havent read yet.

Just some random thoughts before I leave.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. me, again, dear one :)

    if i may suggest, if you have time, to go and get "Jesus of Nazareth" by Pope Benedict XVI -- it is making for a wonderful read. something for the plane ride...

    peace and blessings on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! houses! wow!! So if I went to visit Mandy in AL sometime...

    ReplyDelete