Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Double Standard?

yep, it's another "the view" rant...I just can't seem to get enough of that show these days, or maybe i'm just always getting too much of it.

Rosie decided today that she would catechise the free world on the Catholic Church's teaching on homosexuality.

In speaking about some guy who apparently has come out of the closet (I missed the name because I was barely awake and still a little groggy on theraflu) She noted how he had lived his life in denial because he was raised Catholic and you know (paraphrase) 'Catholics...if you're homosexual you go straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.'

So there I was, barely awake 10 minutes and writing an email to Ms. O'Donnell. The gist of it was that I was sure she and i would dissagree about many things but one thing that I think we would agree on wholeheartedly is that to misrepresent a person or a group of people especially when you're speaking as such a high profile individual, is wrong. I think she would be outraged if someone made a false statement about people who struggle with homosexual tendancies and I don't appreciate her taking such liberties with the Church.
I'm sure she won't even see my email but I felt I had to write it. I feel like it's an outrage these days to offend anyone, except Catholics that is , probably all Christians. I'm not the only one either, Jay Leno made a joke in his monologue about it tonight. He said that NBC is monitoring Madonna's new concert that will air on their station because part of her act has her stretched out on a cross wearing a crown of thorns "and the station wanted to make sure she wasn't offending Muslims". He gets it, sort of.

I have blogged about Rosie lately and I do hold fast to the Churches 'real' teaching on homosexual which means that I disagree with her lifestyle. But I don't hate the woman and I wouldnt' slander her name even if anyone ever actually read my blog. So, I would like the same respect from her especially since so many stay at home Catholic mom's are subject to her 'view' everyday.

Maybe you should write an email to her too?



Read this Rosie:

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. [They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial.] This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.
(CCC 2358-2359)

Does that sounds like a condemnation to hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment