Monday, March 27, 2006

baby love...my baby love



A friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby girl tonight. This is the second beautiful child that she has given birth to, both without medication. Can we say Superwoman?

The whole "child coming out of your womb" thing kinda scares me a little if we're gonna be honest here. It's one of those situations that you find yourself in and suddenly realize there's only one way out, kinda like life. "We must do the thing we think we cannot do" Eleanor Roosevelt once said. Indeed.
It seems all of my girlfriends are having babies these days. There will be 5 babies under 1 1/2 at my wedding all belonging to my friends. Crazy. Part of me can't wait to be a mother..most of me has no problem waiting to give birth. I know when the time comes though I will never have experienced such a blessing in my life.
I can't imaging loving a person more than I love hubby to be but then I think of a person created in the love of myself AND hubby to be......and it takes my breath away.

Superwoman asked me to be the godmother of her beautiful girl. It very nearly brought me to tears right there in the kitchen as I brewed my tea. This isn't the first time that I've been asked to be a godmother but I think it's the first time that I get it, even if I don't get it at all.

Can we be more than mothers and fathers? Dr. S used to ask this question in class often.

"Spiritual parenthood, as a sign of the inner maturity of the person, is the goal which in diverse ways all human beings, men and women alike, are called to seek within or outside matrimony. This call fits into the gospel summons to perfection of which the father is the supreme model. So then, human beings will come particularly close to God when this spiritual parenthood, of which God is the prototype, takes shape in them." Karol Wojtyla Love and Responsibility

1 comment: